The home builder is one of the most important elements impacting the quality of your finished house and its long-term resale value. This simple guide to hiring the right home builder in Winston-Salem, NC for your needs can help ensure a smooth buying process.
Factors to consider when choosing a new home builder in Winston-Salem, NC:
- Match your needs with the builder. Custom home builders specialize in specific price ranges and home styles. Supplies, materials, and costs differ widely based on these two factors.
- Reputation for quality. A local Winston-Salem home builder’s reputation is on the line in regard to the quality of construction and the future resale value of their product. Local builders are also more likely to be involved in the community and rely on a strong brand name to grow their business. A long-term presence in the Winston-Salem community offers homeowners the opportunity to explore reviews and testimonials. With a well-established home builder in the Triad, NC area, you can rest assured that you’ll receive better customer service and support. Consider the quality of the builder’s staff and their responsiveness to questions before you hire them.
- Warranty. A new home is the largest investment most buyers make, and a strong warranty could cover future problems, should they arise. Be sure your builder offers a quality home warranty.
- Experience matters. An quality new home builder should have years of experience in the industry. Builder who have been in the industry for a while know how to handle delays and issues that often arise during the home construction process. But don’t just look for builders who stick to the same mold. Instead, try to find a new home builder in Winston-Salem, NC who has consistently worked to innovate and keep up with homebuyers’ evolving demands.
- Satisfaction of past buyers. Current owners found through the builder’s reference list or talking to potential new neighbors in an existing community are good resources for feedback on the builder. Be sure to check around the home builder’s website for testimonials Realtors can be a great resource as well. They know which builders offer the highest quality homes and what areas see highest resale value.
Finding a custom home builder in Winston-Salem, NC specializing in your price range with a strong reputation for quality work in the community can be the best way to ensure you get the home you’ve always dreamed of.
Shugart Homes: Your Trusted Winston-Salem Home Builder
Shugart Homes has been building communities in Winston-Salem, NC for 50 years! Focusing on building top quality homes with modern floor plans and amenities that are popular with buyers, every Shugart Home is Energy Star Rated resulting in lower ongoing maintenance costs and faster appreciation. Shugart Homes also passes rigorous quality standards allowing them to offer a Quality Builders Warranty (QBW) protecting your investment for ten years after the purchase.
Shugart Homes is dedicated to serving the Triad, NC community, working with local realtors to provide quality homes to new and experienced homebuyers in North Carolina.
Contact Shugart Homes today for more information or to schedule a viewing at one of our Winston-Salem new home communities.